Subject: Re: XSL customization

> * In message <20030425203938.A15096@sco.com>
> * On the subject of "Re: XSL customization"
> * Sent on Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:39:39 -0700
> * Honorable Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.com> writes:
>
> See this doc:
> http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html
thanks, this was quite useful!

more questions in the order of increasing complexity:

1. how do I append to a parameter?  I don't want to list all the stuff
   in generate.toc all other again, so I tried

<xsl:param name="generate.toc">
 refentry  toc
 $generate.toc
</xsl:param>

   with no success.

2. I want <literal role="foo">...</literal> to transform to
   <tt role="foo">...</tt>.

<xsl:template match="literal[@role = 'type' or @role = 'sexp']">
 <tt role="@role"><xsl:apply-templates/></tt>
</xsl:template>

   does not work

3. I want <emphasis role="strong">...<emphasis> to transform to
   <strong>...</strong>

<xsl:template match="emphasis[@role = 'strong']">
 <strong><xsl:apply-templates/></strong>
</xsl:template>

   does not work either

4. if a varlistentry has several term elements, I want them to be
   separated by a line break, not ", ".  DSSSL:

(element (varlistentry term)
  (make sequence
    (process-children-trim)
    (if (not (last-sibling?))
	(make empty-element gi: "BR")
	(literal ""))))

   XSL??

5. Is there a way to insert comments into the __output__ files?
   Ideally, I want to preserve comments in the input file, but, IIUC,
   they are not available to the XSLT processor.
   So, I would need to find an element which may occur at any place
   (like a comment can!) and create a template to translate it into a
   comment (for further non-XSLT processing).

thanks!

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>