Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Tables, braille and other stuff

At 18:12 28/04/2003 +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:

> > >- bidimensional (or multidimensional) arrays,
> >    Why? Because that's how programming langs do it?
> >    Is that sufficient reason?
>
>No.  I'm only speaking about the same adta a programming lang would
>handle that way however.

The data is a list of things.
At certain points the 'row' changes from n to n+1.

> > Suggestion.
> >   Ask the person next to you to describe the data in the table
> > you come across.
>
>Hm, what do you mean by "describe" ?  Have him produce an audio
>rendering of the table, or have him abstract information from the
>table ?

Have him/her provide you with a description of the information contained
within the table, such that you understood it. Not its tabular layout,
just the information contained.
   This is the 'pretend' to be blind, which I am told is useful.... and was
for me.
regards DaveP