Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] 5 Questions about openjade/DSSSL-stylesheets

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:12:08AM +0200, Joachim Ziegler wrote:
> 3) My document includes program source codes in the following way:
>
> <programlisting>
> <textobject>
>   <textdata fileref="Code/Testfile.C"/>
> </textobject>
> </programlisting>
>
> Do the DSSSL-stylesheets *not* support this mechanism? The listings do
> not appear in the rtf-output!

This one seems docbook-specific.  My guess is that, textdata being
quite recent (introduced in docbook 4.2), it may not be supported by
the stylesheets yet.  You can use an ImageObject with a "linespecific"
format instead.

> 4) My document includes figures like this (I was using the
> XSLT-stylesheets before):
>
> <figure id="fig.ArrayOfChar">
>   <mediaobject>
>     <imageobject  role="html">
>       <imagedata  align="center" format="PNG"
> fileref="Pictures/ArrayOfChar.png"/>
>   </imageobject>
>
>     <imageobject  role="fo">
>       <imagedata  align="center" format="PDF"
> fileref="Pictures/ArrayOfChar.pdf"/>
>     </imageobject>
>
>   </mediaobject>
> </figure>
>

> What's the corresponding markup for the DSSSL-stylesheets so that the
> pictures are found? What file formats can I use?

docbook-dsssl-specific as well.  You can use EPS for print if you
intend to use "jadetex" to format, and you need some customisation to
allow PDF, which is needed to use "pdfjadetex".  You can find a
customisation that does this in AlcoveBook[1][2]

[1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/alcovebook/
[2] http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/alcovebook/alcovebook-sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/print/extensions.dsl

> 5) Do I need a special version of TeX for the tex-output to be
> translated into dvi?

Yes, openjade output needs to be processed by jadetex - this is just a
set of macros built atop latex, and you have to make a .fmt file for
this.  Since you appear to use Linux, you probably have a jadetex
package in your distribution.

HTH,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique