Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: XML Editors

Joachim Ziegler wrote:

> Emacs (and Xemacs neither) does not parse the DTD in the smaller files.
> (Yes, I have tried something like
>
> <!--
>     Local Variables:
>     mode: xml
>     sgml-parent-document: ("master-file.xml")
>     End:
>   -->
> )
>
> This mechanism only works for small documents (at least on my machine.)
> but not when the documents get large. i don't know how to fix this.

What is large document. I'm using this with fragments which are about
100K without any problems. Are you using precompiled DTDs (.ced)?

I use following comment at the end of a file:

<!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
Local variables:
sgml-doctype: master.xml
sgml-parent-document: ("master.xml" "book" "chapter")
End:
-->

> b) Editing of attributes does not work. It always turns
> *all* attribute values to lowercase. Sometimes it inserts funny markup
> like an extra ">". (Unfotunately, this behaviour cannot be reproduced
> deterministically.)
> This is very dangerous because it can make files unvalid (by lowercasing
> IDs or IDREfs.)

I never hit this behaviour, but I'm using lowercase ids in my documents.

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
   http://www.kosek.cz

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature