Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using foot variable to help control page footer?

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 03:31:09PM -0400, Seth Ladd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to add a customer footer to every page (a simple
> copyright).  After reading [1] from the FAQ, it said to using the
> variable <xsl:variable name="foot"/>.  I found the template
> <xsl:template match="*" mode="running.foot.mode"> inside pagesetup.xsl,
> but no mention of the variable "foot".
>
> I am using the RedHat 9 RPMs, including:
>
> docbook-style-xsl-1.58.1-2
> xmlto-0.0.12-3
>
> Am I missing something, or is the FAQ referring to either an old or too
> new version of pagesetup.xsl?
>
> Any tips on getting a custom footer working w/ the RH9 xmlto chain would
> be greatly appreciated.

To customize the footers in print output, you customize
the template named 'footer.content'.  The original template
is in fo/pagesetup.xsl.  It lets you set context conditions
for each of pageclass, sequence, and position.

See this reference for further explanation and an example:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/PrintCustomEx.html#PrintHeaders

                                            email: bobs@sco.com