Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Problem generating PDF output using the Template System for titlepages

You don't really have to worry about the first one.  There is a parameter
that sets the value for the background-image that you can set to the empty
string.  (Check the documentation, draft.background.image, I believe.)  The
second one looks like a problem with an old version of libxslt.  Try
upgrading to the latest version of libxslt.