Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Applying CSS on HTMLHelp files

Kenneth Johansson wrote:

> I've been trying to control my HTML Help files with a CSS but haven't
> had any luck sofar. I've tried using stylesheets from various
> applications including XXE, XMetaL and QEmacs. Are these stylesheets
> only used for controling the Docbook files or can they be used on
> finished HTML-files and in that case what am I doing wrong?

These files are designed to style directly DocBook XML.

> If they can't be used on finished HTML-files then do I need to write
> my own CSS or is there one available somewhere which I can tweak?

On generated HTML files you must use different CSS stylesheet. There is
one exampla of a such stylesheet. Nothing fancy, but you can use it as
inspiration:

body { font-family: Verdana, Helvetica CE, Arial CE, Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif;
        font-size: 9pt;
        background-color: white;
        color: black;
        margin: 0px; }

table { font-size: 9pt }

.title, .subtitle { color: navy }

.programlisting,
.programlistingco,
.screen { background-color: #e0e0e0;
           padding: 5pt;
           margin: 5pt}

:hover { color: red;
          text-decoration: underline; }

a { text-decoration: none;
     color: blue; }

.navfooter, .navheader { background-color: #80DDFF;}

.chapter, .refentry,
.book, .reference,
.preface, .colophon,
.section, .bibliography