Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Area contents overflows area - with use.extensions=1

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:42:52AM -0400, Brian Burridge wrote:
> When I turn on extensions (and I have places saxon651.jar in my
> classpath, and am using saxon.jar v652), When it gets to a certain page
> (can't tell where, but fairly early on), the XSLT process just hangs and
> makes no further programs but keeps printing out "[INFO] area contents
> overflows area". The file size no longer grows, and I have to kill the
> process. Any suggestions?
>
> At present, I'm not actually using any calls to any extensions. Its my
> normal doc that I've run a million times. I just turned extensions on
> and it no longer works.

Actually, you are activating all the XSL extensions.
These are the default parameter settings for the extensions
in the HTML stylesheets:

<xsl:param name="callouts.extension" select="'1'"/>
<xsl:param name="graphicsize.extension" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="linenumbering.extension" select="'1'"/>
<xsl:param name="tablecolumns.extension" select="'1'"/>
<xsl:param name="textinsert.extension" select="'1'"/>
<xsl:param name="use.extensions" select="'0'"/>

If you turn on use.extensions, you activate them all.
If you have a table, for example, then the tablecolumns.extension
will be used.  If you have a graphic, then the graphicsize.extension
will be used.

I suggest you set the individual parameters to zero,
then turn them on one by one to see which one causes
the breakage.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com