Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook Website Navigation Graphics

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 05:50:48PM +0200, jfcarvajal@soluziona.com wrote:

> Hi!
> I am newbie to docbook and I'am  trying to make a website using navigation
> graphics.  I have a custom stylesheet "tabular.xsl" in my sources
> directories that, as in the website example, calls the real website
> distribution tabular.xsl.  I want to show navigational icons firstly  on
> the  webpage footer ( later I will try header).
>  I have follow some of the tips on
> http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html and put the param
> -stringparam  navig.graphics 1  to xsltproc ( windows version the same for
> linux version)  but  when I use make to build the website I only can see
> "Prev" and "Next" text.  I have tried differents posibilities copying some
> XSL templates call in my custom xsl.
> How can I obtain navigational icons instead of Prev and Next text? . I
> enclose my last tabular.xsl so you can tellme what I am doing wrong.  I use
> website 2.4.1 and xls stylesheets 1.60.1 . I have the following files tree
> -sources
> +html
>    +graphics (here are next.gif and prev.gif)
>         icons
>         navicons
>

> Perhaps I have mixed too much ideas. Any help would be welcome

The website stylesheets are meant to process
a set of <webpage> documents which are organized
by a layout.xml file.  They don't usually generate
Next and Previous because they aren't producing a
a sequence of content, but rather a hierarchy
of content.

Are you processing an ordinary DocBook document, or
are you processing <webpage> documents?

To get a clearer understanding of how to use the Website
stylesheets, you might want to read the chapter on
Website at:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Website.html

                                            email: bobs@sco.com