Subject: linenumbering for entire document?

I have been requested to use an online document review tool. The one and only way for it to associate review comments with parts of the document is to use line numbers.

So basically I need line numbers on the entire document, not just <programlisting> and friends.

Is this possible at all or am I out of luck?

--
 Alastair Rankine        arankine@avaya.com
 Avaya Labs Services R&D    +1-303-538-4129