Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Questions about creating a bibliography

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos Araya" <carlos@cvc.edu>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 12:43 PM

> Good afternoon:
>
> I'm working on creating a bibliography for my Master's thesis and am
getting
> a little confused with the Docbook models for bibliographic entries.  SO
> here are the questions:
>
> 1. Can you use a biblioentry for cooked bibliographies or do you have to
use
> bibliomset?

No, biblioentry is for raw entries, for which you expect the stylesheet to
sort out the elements into a standard format.  Use bibliomixed for entries
for which you arrange the order. A bibliomset might be used inside a
bibliomixed.

> 2. How do you handle citing websites where (according to APA and MLA) you
> have to also list a URL and a last accessed date?

Didn't we cover part of this in this exchange back in February?
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-apps/2003-q1/msg01283.html
This will require some customization work.

> 3. Can cooked bibliographies have more than one author?

If you mean bibliomixed, then the answer is yes.  Bibliomixed is just a
bag of elements arranged in the order you want to see them.  Likely you
will want to use an authorgroup element to contain multiple authors.

> 4. If I change my mind and decide to use raw bibliographies, will the
> stylesheets convert it to something like APA so I just have to tweak?

I don't think the XSL stylesheet converts a biblioentry into  APA format,
if that is what you are asking.  If that format is widely used, it might
make a
useful option, though.  8^)