Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Table column sizes with xmlto/PassiveTex

Do you have anything in the width attribute of your DocBook table columns or
are you expecting the processing system to automatically re-size the table
columns based on the content (as HTML browsers will do)?  If you are looking
for the latter, you'll need to find an FO formatter that supports the
table-layout="auto" formatting property.  The only formatter I know of that
supports this is the XMLMind FO Converter (xmlmind.com), which converts FO
to RTF and has several (IMHO) more critical limitations.

If you do have something like width="3*" in your DocBook source, I don't
believe PassiveTex supports these values.  However, you can use the DocBook
tablecolumns.extension (using Saxon or Xerces as your XSLT processor) to
convert those to fixed widths in the output FO.

Jeff Beal