Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Entities references vs. XRef as a way to manage changingglossary

> I'm not sure I understand.  An inline glossterm with
> @linkend *will* form a hot link.  You can turn off
> the hot link by setting the stylesheet parameter
> firstterm.only.link to nonzero.  Then only <firstterm>
> elements with @linkend will be hot links.

Thanks Bob.

The external glossary document I made quickly is not a
complete, valid DocBook glossary document. That's probably
why the hot link was not craeted in my experiment.
I will make it a valid glossary document, and make use of
the firstterm.only.link parameter.

> But more importantly, an empty inline glossterm
> will not generate text.  The output will be
> empty when processed with the XSL stylesheets.
> Does that matter?  Are you going to customize
> the behavior of the inline glossterm template to work
> like an inactive xref?

Sorry for the confusion. I improperly abbreviated my
statement by making the glossterm element empty.
In fact, what I have is:

  <glossterm linkend='peach_pie'>Peach Pie</glossterm>

That said, I AM tempted to customize the template a little
bit to be able to say:

  <glossterm linkend='peach_pie'/>

mainly for the terseness of the expression, but also
because I think the former make ambiguous what will
get into the output, especially to someone not familiar
with DocBook.

Do you see any pitfalls in doing this?

BTW, thanks also for helping me with the gentext
customization for section element. It's working.

Taro