Subject: Installing Passivetex for Cygwin

I am trying to get passivetex working with the latest version of Cygwin,
downloaded yesterday. These are the steps I followed:

Download passivetex and xmltex from the download site
unzipped and moved the folders to the texmf directory
ran mktexlsr to make sure that the new directories would be seen by (la)tex

Tried to run the pdftex -ini command as indicated by Bob Sayton in his guide

I still get errors indicating the < in the xml declaration is an invlid
character

I also tried the instructions someone wrote a while back about reinstalling
tex and then cygwin packages. It didn't work either.

Help,
Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
email: werewolf25@earthlink.net

We can move with savage grace to the rhythms of the night
Cool and remote like dancing girls in the heat of the beat and the lights
We can wear the rose of romance an air of joie de vivre
Too tender hearts upon our sleeves or skin as thick as thieves, thick as
thieves...
Rush -- Force Ten