Subject: htmlhelp.encoding="windows-932" and Saxon

Title: htmlhelp.encoding="windows-932" and Saxon

I'm using htmlhelp xsls and saxon to produce Japanese chms. The .hhc and .hhk files come out as Unicode files, even though htmlhelp.encoding is set to Windows-932. The result is that in the toc and index panes, the Japanese is mangled. If I open the .hhc and .hhk files on a Japanese OS, save as ANSI, and recompile, all is well. Does anyone have any experience with a problem like this?

Btw., I have tried various values for saxon.character.representation, but that doesn't seem to change anything in the .hhc and .hhk files and may not matter anyway.

My customization is based on the 1.50.0 xsls with some features of later versions patched in, but I don't think the relevant templates (write.text.chunk etc.) have changed since then.

Thanks,
David