Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] (long) thoughts on creating a publishing infrastructure

Bob Stayton wrote:

>Have you looked at using XIncludes instead of entities?
>If you use an XInclude processor that handles the XPointer
>syntax (like xsltproc), XIncludes could solve your problem of
>turning a <chapter> module into a <section>.

<snip>

>With the XPointer syntax in XIncludes, you could pick
>whole modules or any addressable part of a module
>to include in a book.  And each module could be
>a document that could be validated and edited
>with any XML editing tool.  Entities can't
>be validated because they can't have a DOCTYPE.

With OpenJade you can validate the main document. It goes trough
all the defined entities . If you mean that I can't validate each of the
submodules, yes, you are rigth. I always use the DOCTYPE declaration
while working on them, and remove it after finishing. I don't think this
is an issue.
(Please, tell me if I am wrong here.)

Juan R. Migoya
Spain