Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] color coding

Hi Jirka,

thanks for the quick reply.

Am 01. September 2003, 15:41 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Jirka Kosek:

> For the sake of syntax highlighting I would use <phrase role="keyword">,
> <phrase role="literal"> or something like that.

IIUC "keyword" or "literal" can be replaced by whatever name I'm
coming up with, as long as I define the appropriate behaviour for
those roles in the xsl template customization?

> 1. Markup syntax highlighting codes explicitly in your source (of course
> this can be automated by some script or using Emacs htmlize function).
> Easy customization of stylesheets is then enough to get desired result.
>
> 2. Do the syntax highlighting on-the-fly during processing. In this case
> you must implement grammar (or at least regulat expression based rules)
> for your language directly in the XSLT or as an XSLT extension. This is
> harder to implement (but you can use Lars's implementation
> out-of-the-box) but easier to use IMHO.

I was thinking of writing some sort of preprocessing as suggested in
(1.) as I already did the emacs mode for this language including
indenting and syntaxhighlighting and use some of those functions for
this.

Thanx again,
--
Orm