Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] slides XSL: localizing the localization

> Well, this is the general method for extending
> a localization.  I'm not sure about the double namespace
> declaration, though.  Why not use:
>
> <xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')"/>
>   <l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
>     <l:l10n language="fr">
>       <l:gentext key="Continued" text="(Continué)"/>
>
> Can you be more specific about what you mean
> by "the English option is lost"?
> What error messages are you seeing?

If I request lang="en", then I get the following from xsltproc:

No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.
No template for "/slides" (or any of its leaves) exists
in the context named "title" in the "en" localization.
No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.
No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.
No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.
No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.
No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.
No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.
No "en" localization of "Continued" exists.

I guess the problem is that the above construct is used in the slides
XSL file to add the slides-specific English localization to the
docbook XSL definitions. My own definition in my customization layer
then hides/overrides the definition in the slides XSL file.

I guess, the question is then: Is there a way to "add something" to
that param?

Perhaps a cleaner solution would be for the slides XSL to avoid using
local.l10n.xml to keep it accessible to the end user, and do some
other wizardry for slides-specific localization?

Tell me if I'm interpreting things correctly...
Thanks,
Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279