Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to get ulink URLs into foonotes?

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 06:21:18PM +0200, Gisbert Amm wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I faced another problem when producing PDF. I've set
>
> <xsl:param name="ulink.show" select="0"></xsl:param>
>
> and this works fine. But
>
> <xsl:param name="ulink.footnotes" select="'1'"></xsl:param>
>
> has no effect at all. There are no such footnotes in the generated PDF
> (while footnotes inserted with <footnote> naturally are).
>
> What am I missing or doing wrong?

The doc for 'ulink.show' needs to be improved.  The actual
behavior of the fo stylesheets for ulink is this:

If the ulink is empty, or the content is equal to
the @url, or $ulink.show is zero, then
both the trailing URL and the URL footnote are
suppressed.

If the URL is not suppressed, then ulink.footnote
controls whether the URL appears after the ulink
text or in a footnote.

So set both 'ulink.show' and 'ulink.footnotes' to 1
to get what you want.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com