Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] anyone have a windows-based publishing infrastructure?

Robert,

I can recommend using Cygwin for processing Docbook on Windows
platforms. You get the xml-dtd, the xsl stylesheets, xmllint, xsltproc
and xmlto as Cygwin packages. If you want pdf processing as well, you
have to additionally install Passivetex and XmlTex, which works
smoothly. I've posted a howto some time ago here:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-apps/2003-q3/msg00398.html

Alternatively, you can also give Igor Zlatkovic's Windows port of the
libxml and libxslt packages (xmllint and xsltproc) a try. Additionally
you need to download the xml-dtd and xsl stylesheets from sourceforge
and install libiconv, also available from Igor's site
http://www.zlatkovic.com/projects/index.html. I'm not using them for my
work, but when I gave them a try, they worked pretty well.

HTH,
Patrick