Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Controlling titlepage layout with XSL-FO (newbie)

You may also want to read up on absolute positioning using XSL-FO to see how
to use that.  I use the following XSLT to absolutely position some elements
on a cover page:

<xsl:template name="coverpage">
  <fo:block-container absolute-position="absolute"
    left="3in"
    width="3.5in"
    top="4.5in">
    <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="24pt"
      hyphenate="false">
      <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
    </fo:block>
    <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="10pt"
      space-before="10pt">
      <xsl:value-of select="bookinfo/releaseinfo"/>
    </fo:block>
  </fo:block-container>
</xsl:template>

I've specified the left and top edges of the "block-container", but you can
also specify the bottom or right edges.

(Conformance note: Absolute positioning works OK in XEP; I'm not sure about
FOP.)

Jeff