Subject: Avoiding namespace resolution via the Internet ??

Hi,

I am currently playing with website and was highly surprised
how slow the processing of an extremely simple example was
going.

I do use xsltproc, which is usually very fast on processing
my docbook xml documents.

I also noticed that everytime I tried to generate the simple
website, my internet traffic started to go up, which I think
is the reason for the slowness.

I think this is related to namespace resolution, and I wonder
whether such namespaces can also be locally catalogued like
eg dtd's.

In particular, "-v" output of a slow xsltproc process shows

-=-=-=-=-=
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/sgml/catalog xsltproc -v --catalogs \
 --maxdepth 999 --output page1.html  --stringparam output-root . \
  /usr/share/sgml/website-2.5.0/xsl/tabular.xsl  doc1.xml
Added namespace: xsl mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
Added namespace: html mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
Added namespace: doc mapped to http://nwalsh.com/xsl/documentation/1.0
exclude result prefix html
exclude result prefix doc
exclude result prefix html
exclude result prefix doc
xsltPrecomputeStylesheet: removing ignorable blank node
xsltParseStylesheetProcess : found stylesheet
Added namespace: xsl mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
Added namespace: html mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
Added namespace: doc mapped to http://nwalsh.com/xsl/documentation/1.0
Added namespace: rddl mapped to http://www.rddl.org/
Added namespace: l mapped to http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0
exclude result prefix doc
[..]

So I wonder whether the various namespaces are at the origin
of the slow processing, and how to speed that up.

Thanks for any hints,

  Marc Baaden