Subject: Re: Callouts and profile-docbook.xsl don't seem to play well together

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 01:23:57PM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.com> was heard to say:
> | On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:05:52AM -0500, John.Himpel@edwardjones.com wrote:
> |> Hi,
> |>
> |> I am using:
> |> <screen>
> |> xxxxxxx <co id="id-co" linkends="co"/>
> |> </screen>
> |> <calloutlist>
> |> <callout arearefs="co-id" id="co">
> |> <para>xxxx</pra>
> |> </callout>
> |> </calloutlist>
> |>
> |> I am using xsltproc with xsl sytlesheets 1.61.3.
> |>
> |> My .xml file validates using xmllint with xml-dtd 4.2.
> |>
> |> When I use html/docbook.xsl as my stylesheet everything works fine.
> |>
> |> When I use html/profile-docbook.xsl as my stylesheet, I get:
> |> Error: no ID for contraint linkend: co.
> |>
> |> If other confirm this problem, I would gladly submit it to the bug list at sf.net
> |
> | Yes, please submit this as a bug.  It isn't just callout
> | linkends, but also linkend attributes for xref and link.
> | They work fine in docbook.xsl, but not profile-docbook.xsl.
> | They work fine if you use the profiling/profile.xsl first,
> | and then use docbook.xsl.
>
> The example is broken: it uses id='id-co' but arearefs='co-id'.
>
> If I fix the document it works in both cases. With the document broken,
> it fails in both cases.
>
> What am I missing?

I'll bet you are using Saxon.

Cross references of any kind don't work when
using xsltproc with the one-pass profiling
stylesheet.  See the discussion that
begins with this message:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200308/msg00071.html

It is quite interesting, and perhaps something that
XSLT 2 should take up (perhaps it already has).

                                            email: bobs@sco.com