Subject: RE: RE: [docbook-apps] Which Windows versions support HTML help?

Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> I tested running a chm-file on one of our NT-systems with Service Pack 6
> with some programs installed, e.g. IE 5.5, Outlook Express 5.5. However,
> need to test this on a fresh NT installation. Does anyone know which/if
any
> SP adds support for HTMLhelp?
>
> Thanks again,

Hi Kenneth,

this comes straight from the version 6 users guide of an old ROBOHelp HTML
Edition (version 6 or the like):

System requirements
 - 486 processor or faster
 - 16 MB RAM or more
 - 32-bit operating system such as Microsoft Windows 95 or Windows NT
   4.0 or later
 - 20 MB free disk space
 - Internet Explorer 3.02 or later ( 4.0 or later is recommended for
   full HTML functionality an for WebHelp support)
 - Microsoft HTML Help

as far as I remember the availability of HTML Help on a Windows NT machine
only depends on the installed
version of Internet Explorer (which must be version 4 or higher) and the
installation of Microsoft HTML Help [1].

A Windows NT installation with at least ServPack 3 and Internet Explorer
4.0 (or higher) and
Microsoft HTML Help installed should work.

HTH
Thomas Gier
Technical Writer
Germany