Subject: docbook-xsl "gentext" template not working with MSXML

Hi,

I'm having problems getting this template to work with MSXML, it always
fails to find a match for the following variables:

<xsl:template name="gentext">
  <xsl:variable name="local.l10n.gentext"

select="($local.l10n.xml//l:i18n/l:l10n[@language=$lang]/l:gentext[@key=
$key])[1]"/>

  <xsl:variable name="l10n.gentext"

select="($l10n.xml/l:i18n/l:l10n[@language=$lang]/l:gentext[@key=$key])[
1]"/>

I have added a test to the gentext template:

<xsl:template name="gentext">
  lang:<xsl:value-of select="$lang"/>,
  count:<xsl:value-of select="count($l10n.xml//*)"/>

  <xsl:for-each select="$l10n.xml//*">
	name:[<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>]
	value:[<xsl:value-of select="."/>]
  </xsl:for-each>

which creates the output:

  lang:en, count:1
  name:[l:i18n] value:[ ]

This suggests that the !ENTITY elements are not working in
/common/l10.xml, as there should be many more elements than one!

I guess this is a bug in MSXML. Short of copying the contents of en.xml
into l10n.xml, is anyone aware of a workaround?

Regards,

Rob Shields
Software Engineer
Star Internet Ltd