Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] print output, id values

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 07:53:48PM +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
>  From 'the sage'
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/XrefPageNums.html
>
> I note that my use of <link
> isn't being translated into page numbers.

As that section says, link elements don't generate page
numbers.  I suspect it because link text is
arbitrary and page number references may not
fit in.  Seems like it could be an option, however.

> Less bothered about that, since I'm using xep with hot links
> (how to make them visible?)

Color?

> 1. Are all my id values being passed over to the fo file?
>
> html file has all idrefs resolved.
>
> fo file seems to miss some...
>

> e.g.
>     <varlistentry>
>        <term id="bz">
> isn't being carried through to the fo.

That seems to be by design.  Only the text content
of a term is processed, not any attributes.

The id should be on the varlistentry.
There is no template to generate xref text
from term elements.

> My bad on markup or a sourceforge request or
> just me out of date (1.60.1 again)

BTW, the appendix.autolabel parameter is in
version 1.60.1 of the stylesheets.  I don't know
why it didn't work for you to turn off
"Appendix A" (it worked for me).

                                            email: bobs@sco.com