Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] "toc" in "book" and "article"

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 12:32:10AM +0200, Michael Wiedmann wrote:
> There is a difference for "<toc/>" in a "book" and "article":
>
> - in a book a "<toc/>" is allowed after "bookinfo"
> - in an article a "<toc/>" is allowed only after the "sections"
>
> Is there any possibilty to get a TOC right after "articleinfo"?

I'm not sure why the difference, but I do know that
article does accept <tocchap> right after articleinfo.
If you are looking to place a manually-created TOC,
you could use tocchap.

If you are looking to place an automatically-created toc,
then you might consider customizing the stylesheets.
But in this case I don't think that is necessary because it
normally places the TOC after the titlepage stuff for an
article anyway.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com