Subject: itemizedlist/variablelist: spacing attribute

What is the reason that there is no "spacing" attribute for "variablelist"
in contrary to "itemizedlist"?

This makes it difficult to find a consistent customization of the
stylesheets. E.g. for "itemizedlist" I would use 'spacing="compact"'
but for "variablelist" I would have to use something like 'role="compact"'.

Michael
--
biz:  <michael.wiedmann@detewe.de>
priv: <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de>                 http://www.miwie.org