Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] HowTo get docbook <acronym> elements to be in html like a real html acronym

On Montag, 1. Dezember 2003 03:24, Bob Stayton wrote:

> Hi Claus,
> This looks very interesting.  Are you proposing that
> this feature be added to the stylesheet distribution?

Yes if a general solution is found!

> > The only  questionable point for me is:
> >
> > <!-- ###FIXME###: do I need this?
> >       <xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>
> >       <xsl:call-template name="simple.xlink">
> > ..
> > -->
>
> Only if you want your acronyms to be processed in
> a manner consistent with other inlines.  The
> 'anchor' template outputs a <a name="$id"/>
> if the inline has an id attribute, and the
> simple.xlink template outputs an xlink if
> the inline has a xlink:href attribute.  If
> you don't use those, then you don't need them.
> If your code is added to the stylesheet distribution,
> it will need them.

Hi Bob,

You are right, my solution is not so general as it should, but I could not found
any example of an acronym tag with nested other tags or an
xlink:href attribute.

The anchor works for acronyms found in my database, but the HTML is
no valid when I create the link to foldog for unknown acronyms.

One of my test cases:

 <glossentry>
      <glossdef>
        <para>
    &lt;hypertext, standard, World-Wide Web (<acronym id="WWW">WWW</acronym>)&gt;
    viewed, edited, and validated with standard XML tools. At the same time, it operates as well
    as or better than <acronym id="HTML4">HTML4</acronym> in existing
        </para>
        </para>
        <para>
   Latest version: 1.0, as of 2000-09-10.
        </para>
        <para>
          <remark>foldoc(2000-09-10)</remark>
        </para>
      </glossdef>
  </glossentry>

Do you have any example for me to test with?

Claus Klein