Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] crop-marks

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 12:01:50AM -0800, Sean Wheller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to add crop-marks to pages when using
> custom page sizes?

There is no parameter to turn this on.
I asked on the xep mailing list and got this back
from Elliot Kimber:

>> Bob Stayton was heard to say:
>> Has anyone implemented crop marks for pages that
>> are smaller than the paper size?  If so, could
>> you share how you did it?
>
> I can't give you the exact markup because it was done for a customer,
> but the basic technique I used is to use absolutely-positioned
> block-containers with borders on their narrow edges. Using this
> technique, you can create crop marks.
>
> Specify no page margins and use the margins on the region-body and
> extents on edge regions to position the real page content appropriately
> on the physical page.

If you are using FOP, you may have to be more careful,
as FOP's implementation of block-container is
incomplete.  See the FOP conformance page for more info.

You also have to figure out how to integrate this into
the DocBook page setup.  The crop mark block-containers
would go into the fo:static-content declared in the
running.head.mode template in fo/pagesetup.xsl.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com