Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Inserting Page Break in Simplified DocBook

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 09:10:20AM -0600, GARY Hoffman wrote:
> I have prepared a legal document using Simplified
> DocBook.  It includes an exhibit that follows the
> signatures of the parties.  I used the appendix element
> with respect to the exhibit.  I want the exhibit to be on
> a separate page.  The appendix element does not contain
> an attribute regarding page breaks.  I therefore presume
> that this is to be accomplished by the stylesheet.  Using
> DocBook XSL 1.62.4, which FO stylesheet or stylesheets need
> to be modified for this purpose?  Bob Stayton's book has a
> discussion of section page breaks but not for the appendix.

I presume your appendix is within an article?  An appendix
within an article is handled differently from an appendix
within a book.  There is a template in fo/component.xsl
with match="article/appendix" that you can customize.
Just change:

<fo:block id='{$id}'>

<fo:block id='{$id}' break-before="page">

                                            email: bobs@sco.com