Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Word-->DocBook (any existing solutions + an idea for a new solution)

A long list at

  http://www.docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/DocBookTools

Try also

  http://www.turnkey.com.au/tksweb/products/xice.html
  http://pair.mbl.ca/doc2xml/

kind regards
Peter Ring

-----Original Message-----
From: James Brundage [mailto:jbrundage@runbox.com]
Sent: 8. december 2003 07:28
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] Word-->DocBook (any existing solutions + an idea
for a new solution)

Has anyone run into a RELIABLE, SIMPLE solution of this yet.  I have
tried Majix with no success.

If anyone has come up with a solution to this problem, please enlighten
me as I am relatively new to the whole wide world of DocBook.  If no one
has come up with a solution, then I have a slight suggestion.

1. PHP allows COM interaction.
2. PHP allows file I/O
3. PHP has built-in XML support.

Has anyone considered writing a PHP script to change Word documents into
DocBook.  I'm not going so far as to say that PHP would serve as a
panacea to the multiple document formats --> DocBook ordeal but it might
make the Word->COM->DocBook process a little more simple (ergo hopefully
more reliable) than Majix's

Word->Slightly Out of Data Java-COM API->Java->DocBook

Thank you in advance,
James Brundage

To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to
docbook-apps-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org, or visit
http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/.