Subject: Re: transformations: alphabetizing bibliographies

This sounds interesting and not too uncommon. Anyone here tackled this yet?

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

User: n. The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot."
           --Dave Barry

----- Forwarded by Dennis Grace/Austin/IBM on 12/08/2003 03:40 PM -----

                      "John R. Daily"
                      <john@geekhavoc.c        To:       tldp -- docbook <docbook@en.tldp.org>
                      om>                      cc:
                      12/08/2003 03:35
                      PM

At (time_t)759481298 Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

> I know virtually nothing about manipulating XML documents; however, I'm
> wondering how hard it would be to have a customized XSLT (?) that sorted
> the bibliography in one of my documents so that it was alphabetically
> correct.

xsl:sort is probably what you want, but I'd have to do some
experimentation as time permits to figure out how best to leverage
it.

What do you want to sort by?  Will words like "The" be pushed to
the back of the title (assuming you want to sort by title)?

-John

http://lists.tldp.org/