Subject: dbhtml pi

Greetings,

I'm trying to get a background color to render in
Mozilla, NS 4.x, and MSIE.

the dbhtml bgcolor='silver' PI doesn't render in
MSIE 6.0.

the only directive I can get to work in all three
is an inline style attribute.  (NS 4.x doesn't
recognize multiple class attributes.)

so, my question is this:  how can I get an inline
style to propogate to the HTML?

I will confess that I don't 'get' how the PIs are
being handled in the style sheets, in particular
the bgcolor attribute.

I'm working with xsltproc & a recent version of the
DTD and stylesheets distros.

Thanks for any help.

--jim