Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] why does xsltproc create drafts from DocBook XML?

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Bob Stayton wrote:

> To turn off the draft mode entirely, you can set the 'draft.mode'
> parameter to 'no' on xsltproc's command line:
>
> xsltproc --stringparam draft.mode no ...
>
> While you are at it, be sure to set the 'fop.extensions' parameter
> to 1 as well with another --stringparam option.
> That avoids certain things in the FO output that
> FOP doesn't handle.
>
> You will still get some warnings and such from FOP, but at
> least you should get PDF output.

Excellent!  These parameters give the best output I've seen sofar.
Two things could be improved:

1) Table positioning is poor.  In several cases a table is started near
the bottom of a page, and should be moved to the next page altogether.  Is
there a way to influence that?

2) The Register (Index) of <glossterm>s at the end refers to page 2 in all
cases.  What can I do about that?  Do I need to run a separate program to
build an index first?  This is built-in in the toolchain that uses TeX.

--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters