Subject: Unnecessary blank pages with FOP?

Hi, i'm using the 1.64.1 XSL stylesheets and FOP 0.20.5 to produce PDF from my docbook books.

I always get an extra blank page between Title Page and TOC, and another blank page between List of Figures and the 1st Chapter. I don't get those blank pages  when formatting with XEP's evaluation version.

Does anybody know how to get rid of the blank pages using FOP?

thanks
Michael