Subject: Re: [docbook] IE barfing on dbpoolx.mod

Steve:

This is a longstanding bug on both Mozilla and IE. Neither of them will fetch entities over the network. The thought at mozila was that the security risk didn't give enough good things to merit them.

I have complained to microsoft but that's like trying to scream to a deaf man.

Carlos
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 08:24
Subject: [docbook] IE barfing on dbpoolx.mod

I am using the O'Reilly dblite dtd, which references the 4.2 DocBook version as follows:

<!ENTITY % DocBookDTD PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
V4.1//EN"
                "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">

When I use Internet Explorer 6.0 (with the most recent msxml3.msi package installed) to open an XML file that has an XSLT stylesheet reference, I get the following IE error:

     The XML page cannot be displayed
     Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and
     then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

     The character '>' was expected. Error processing resource
     'http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod'. Line 67...

     <!ENTITY % menuchoice.role.attrib "%role.attrib;"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,

steve newland
snewland@lgc.com