Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook xslt question

Shaffer, Chris wrote:
> What I'm looking for is not so much frames (personally, I've never liked
> frames).  I like the PHP documentation, because the toc always shows you
> the level above what you are currently viewing.  I just can't figure out
> how to move that toc into a table to the left of the content.  When I
> try, I get tag mis-match errors from xsltproc (because a <td> element
> starts in one template, and ends in another template).

a workaround for me in a similiar scenario was to use disable-output-escaping
on a few elements.

eg.

<xsl:template name="user.header.content">
   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[
   ]]></xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="user.footer.content">
   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[
   ]]></xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

be warned though that disabling output escaping usually is considered to be a
bad idea and generally should be avoided (check the archives of the xsl list on
100+ threads on this)

markus