Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook to WordML

On Jan 26, 2004, at 6:32 AM, Phil Weston wrote:

> A direct XSL transformation from Docbook to WordML must (in theory) be
> a more reliable process that relying on XML-->FO-->RTF-->.doc given
> that (in my experience) the RTF conversion doesn't support all
> features of RTF and RTF in itself doesn't support all the features you
> need to build a decent, structured Word Doc.

This is a good idea.  However, awhile back Bob posted some information
and examples I'd come up with that use the default HTML stylesheets
(with minor modifications) and CSS to create documents that Word
interprets as if it were a native doc files, complete with styles and
footnotes.  I still would love to see that included as a parameter
option in the default stylesheets.

Bruce