Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modular docbook with modular entities

* Bob Stayton; <bobs@sagehill.net> on 26 Jan, 2004 wrote:
>What does common/book_info.xml look like? Does it have
>entity declarations in the DOCTYPE?

No it does not have the entity declarations

>What happens when you run the validation check on the file?

Fails as it cannot

toganm@earth:~/projects/sfnet/suse/xml/common> xmllint --noout
--xinclude --postvalid preface.xml
preface.xml:188: error: Entity 'Changes' not defined
<xi:include href="&Changes;" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
parse="

Now when I included the entity declartion it does validate :-)

>You may need to resort to a catalog file to resolve relative
>references into absolute paths so they work regardless of
>where the sourcing file is located.

Ok I will probably adding more questions to this thread. At least you
gave a starting point rather than me rowing againsta the current.

Thanks

--

Togan Muftuoglu