Subject: Strange behaviour for nested, ordered lists?

Hi

I have noticed that when transforming a series of
nested lists using the Docbook Stylesheets that,
when I have:

<orderedlist>
<listitem><para>
  <orderedlist>
</orderedlist>
</para></listitem>
<listitem><para>
  <orderedlist>
</orderedlist>
</para></listitem>
<listitem><para>
  <orderedlist>
</orderedlist>
</para></listitem>
</orderedlist>

my numbering comes out as:

1.
  1.
  2.
  3.
2.
  a.
  b.
  c.
3.
  a.
  b.
  c.

Is there a reason why I do not get lowercase Roman in
my first nested list?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.