Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Setting HTML Colwidths

I don't think there is a template for totalling the column widths.
Most of the utility templates for tables are in common/table.xsl.

But you could specify the table width manually for each table using
a dbhtml processing instruction as described in my book.  Then you
could modify the template with match="tgroup" in html/table.xsl.
Your width value will be in the $table.width variable
that the template computes.
In the place where it outputs a 'width' attribute for the html <table>
element using $table.width, you would add code to output the style spec
using that width.

You could also create a template to add up the column widths, but that
could be pretty hard in general since the units would have to be taken
into account.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Phil Weston" <phil700@xmsg.com>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>; <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 9:32 AM

> Cheers Bob
>
> That certainly seems to work though it seems to work best if you insert
the code just after the "<xsl:if test="$table.borders.with.css != 0">"
block...

> MSWord being MSWord, it doesn't like the space in the html produced by
"<xsl:text>width: </xsl:text>" but that's easily remedied too.

> It seems I also need need to specify the full table width also. As in:

solid ; border-bottom: 0.5pt solid ; border-left: 0.5pt solid ;
border-right: 0.5pt solid ; ">

> Word doesn't like using "pt"s either - "cm"s work best but again that's
easily remedied (for me).

> I guess there must be a routine for calculating the total of all the
colspec.colwidths... Is there somewhere where these things are listed so I
can track them down?