Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Re: RTL/LTR directional tags

> > I assume that a proper Arabic editor inserts this character at the
> > very beginning of the file or allows you to put it easily.
> >
> Not really. A proper editor would have proper Bidi support ;) The only
> editor that comes off the top of my head which can do this is Yudit. I
> cannot say it is very popular among the Arabic users' community.

I am confused by your notion of proper bidi support. Proper bidi
support is by no means the adding  of bidi marks.

I'm using Windows XP  right now (and it is a very rare occasion
with me, by the way). When I type a mix of Hebrew  and English in
Wordpad, it is displayed with proper bidirectionality. No bidi marks
are inserted (and they should not be inserted).  When I view the
file's contents  using a tool without bidi support, I can easily
see that the characters are stored in the order of input, without
any bidi reordering coded in; thus the bidi is in Wordpad.