Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Rendering MathML in Docbook

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Soren Kuula wrote:
>
> > And are there other ways of getting from fo to pdf or ps ?
> > Extracting all the math snippets into files, rendering each separately
> > using some other program, and then transforming the DocBook document to
> > include images instead of math is even OK, too, but has somebody seen
> > this solution anywhere (or just a MathML renderer) ?
> >
> > Or, even, a complete source transform to Tex. Getting desparate.
>
> I think that db2latex.sf.net has partial support for MathML. You can use

It is veeeery limited. But another possibility is to embed LaTeX directly
into the DocBook document.

On the other hand, if Soren has a lot of mathml formulas (I haven't looked
at this for years, but..) maybe it is possible to process the DocBook file
in several steps.

> it to get LaTeX from DocBook. Another possibility, albeit not free, is
> to use XSL Formatter from Antenna House with MathML Player plugin.
>
> 					Jirka

A fast googling may provide some useful links, not sure though

http://www.tilman.de/mathparser/index.html

Regards,
R.