Subject: XSLT failure on DocBook table

Good day, everyone.

Once again, this problem lies on the DocBook/libxslt border, so if all
else fails perhaps someone here can push me in one direction or another.

Briefly, FO output processing on a particular DocBook file is failing
somewhere in the table processing.  When I comment out the table,
processing continues as expected.  Details follow below.

I am using version 1.64.1 of the docbook-xsl scripts, and
libxml2/libxslt with version:

    Using libxml 20606, libxslt 10103 and libexslt 803
    xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20606, libxslt 10103 and
    libexslt 803
    libxslt 10103 was compiled against libxml 20606
    libexslt 803 was compiled against libxml 20606

Running xsltproc with the verbose flag shows the following problematic
section (much output clipped for brevity, please inform if you would
like to see more):

    applying template 'generate.colgroup'
    Registering param cols
    param cols defined by caller
    Registering param count
    param count defined by caller
    xsltChoose: test $count>$cols
    Lookup variable count
    found variable count
    Lookup variable cols
    found variable cols
    xsltChoose: test evaluate to 1
    call-template returned: name generate.colgroup
    call-template returned: name generate.colgroup
    call-template returned: name generate.colgroup
    call-template returned: name generate.colgroup
    call-template returned: name generate.colgroup
    Object is an XSLT value tree :
    1  ELEMENT fo:table-column
        namespace fo href=http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format
        ATTRIBUTE column-number
          TEXT
          doc == NULL !!!
            content=1
    PBM: Node has no doc
    PBM: Node doc differs from parent's one
      ELEMENT fo:table-column
        namespace fo href=http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format
        ATTRIBUTE column-number
          TEXT
          doc == NULL !!!
            content=2
    PBM: Node has no doc
    PBM: Node doc differs from parent's one
      ELEMENT fo:table-column
        namespace fo href=http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format
        ATTRIBUTE column-number
          TEXT
          doc == NULL !!!
            content=3
    PBM: Node has no doc
    PBM: Node doc differs from parent's one
      ELEMENT fo:table-column
        namespace fo href=http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format
        ATTRIBUTE column-number
          TEXT
          doc == NULL !!!
            content=4
    PBM: Node has no doc
    PBM: Node doc differs from parent's one
    xsltIf: test position() = 1
    XPath error : Invalid context position
    xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed

I don't know what's up with those "Node has no doc" and "doc == NULL
!!!" messages.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with the stylesheets
or with libxml2; suggestions are, as always, welcome.

Take care,

    John L. Clark

PGP signature