Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] reference man pages as both seperate files + linked into one document

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:55:40PM -0800, Mike Cooper wrote:
> That helps!  I thought it was something basic.  I changed it to be
>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
>     "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>
>
> but I'm still having problems.  If I run:
>
> 	xmllint --xinclude --outfile new.sgml RefMan.sgml
>
> I get no errors.  But when I try to convert to html I have this problem:

[...errors snipped...]

> If I remove the DOCTYPE from the original RefMan.sgml I have problems
> because I can't validate the content during the docbook2html.
>
> Any suggestions?

I know exactly nothing about Jade - I use an entirely XML based
toolchain, and that would be my recommendation.  Those errors don't seem
to make a lot of sense.  If you have xmllint, you likely also have
xsltproc, which will perform XSL transformations[0].  The DocBook-XSL
project[1] supports XSL transformations from DocBook to many formats,
including XHTML and XSL-FO[2] (Formatting Objects).

Take care,

    John L. Clark

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt

[1] http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/