Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] could anybody plz declare the behavior of $body.fontset

The body.fontset is not really a parameter to be customized. It is an
internal variable that combines the body.font.family value and the
symbol.font.family into a font list.  If you want to change the body font,
then use the 'body.font.family' parameter.

I think body.fontset already does what you want.  That is, if you don't
customize, you should get these properties in your fo:root:

font-family="serif,Symbol,ZapfDingbats"
font-selection-strategy="character-by-character"

The second property causes the XSL-FO processor to automatically search
among the fonts in the list for a character.  But if you look at the FOP
compliance chart at:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html

you will see that font-selection-strategy is not supported in FOP.
If you want to change to Symbol font when using FOP, I think you need to
wrap your custom bullet character in an fo:inline with its font-family
property specified as 'Symbol'.

I have no idea where the 'Times' value that you are seeing is coming from,
because that string does not appear anywhere in the stylesheet distribution.
The default body font is 'serif'.  Are you sure there isn't another
customization taking place here?

DocBook Consulting