Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: customizing content.header to make static text flow

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Worthington" <guyw@multiline.com.au>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 10:32 PM
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: customizing content.header to make static
text flow

> Bob Stayton wrote:
> > Guy Worthington wrote
>
> >> [How do I increase the column width of the inside column in a header?]
>
> > You are in luck.  The latest version of the XSL stylesheets has a new
> > parameter 'header.column.widths' that lets you set the width of the
columns
> > in the headers and footers.  You need to download version 1.65.0 of the
XSL
> > stylesheets, and then read this reference doc in the distribution:
> >
> > doc/fo/header.column.widths.html
>
> Thankyou Mr. Stayton.  I followed your suggestion & added the line
>
>    <!-- need more space for inside margins -->
>    <xsl:param name="header.column.widths" select="'9 0 1'"/>
>
> to my custom layer.  I'm now happy.
>
> In passing: I'm not sure where I send errata for your reference book,
> so if you don't mind, I'll put it below.
>
> In example 11.11, just below the annotation "3", there's an attribute
> 'retrieve-boundary' whose current value 'page' is wrong.  The correct
> value should be 'page-sequence.'

I don't think so.  If it were 'page-sequence', then it would retrieve the
first section title in the page sequence, which means it would get the first
section title in the chapter, and not change after that for the rest of the
chapter.  I want the section titles to track the section titles on the
current page, so I believe that the value 'page' is correct.

DocBook Consulting