Subject: Prefixed tags not matched ?

Hello !

I have written a XSL stylesheet to extract mathml and svg from docbook for
external processing. I just saw i made a mistake because i did not prefix those
elements with mml:, and svg:. The stylesheet worked well : it was looking for
imageobject[child::svg] and equation[child:math]. Now that i have prefixed them,
these templates find no match. I tried imageobject[svg:svg] and
equation[mml:math], but i get the following error :

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Le préfixe doit se résoudre en nom
d'espace : svg (the prefix should resolve to a namespace would be a possible
translation i think)

I start the opening tag mml:math like this
  <mml:math xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
And the opening svg:svg is
  <svg:svg xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
             xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
So i think the namespaces are specified !

The source file validates against a DTD i wrote, which simply includes mathml
2.0, docbook 4.2, and svg 1.1 (a kind of mix of dbmathml.dtd and dbsvg.dtd). It
specifies that MathML content should be prefixed by mml and SVG by svg.

Looking through the XSLT book i have, i can't seem to find a working solution.
If you have any idea, i'd be glad to be enlighted ;-)

Nicolas