Subject: Permuted Index, may be OT

I have posted this to the docbook list, but have not received any
response. Any input would be appreciated.

Hallo

I have been asked to create a Permuted Index. Is there a painless way of
doing this? From what I could tell the hack and slash method is to use
the <segmentedlist> tag.
 Is there an automated way of generating a permuted index from the
normal indexterm tag's content ?

--Riaan